July 5, 2021
General (Social) Visitation at Rotary Villas at Crocus Gardens – According to Vaccination Status
Fully immunized Manitobans (those who have received both doses (any combination) of an approved two dose COVID-19 vaccine (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), OR a single dose of an approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine (Janssen/Johnson & Johnson) with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose (or approved solo dose) was received) will now have increased social visitation to Rotary Villas at Crocus Gardens with proof of immunization.
Rotary Villas at Crocus Gardens will continue with all infection prevention and control measures and ensure the ongoing protection of residents, staff and visitors.
- Rotary Villas at Crocus Gardens will continue to adhere to the PCH Visitation Principles.
- Every visitor who enters will continue to be screened for COVID-19 and other COVID-19 risk factors.
- Appropriate PPE will continue to be worn, as outlined by current public health orders.
- Hand hygiene will continue.
- Masks must be worn (over the mouth, nose and chin) at all times by General Visitors. Eye protection is not required but physical distancing must be maintained from the resident.
- Residents who are able to tolerate wearing a mask should wear one for the duration of the visit.
- Physical distancing between general visitors and residents is required (if visitors are from the same household, they are not required to maintain physical distancing from one another).
- All other Routine Practices and Additional Precautions, engineering and administrative controls will continue.
Proof of Vaccination Status must be requested and confirmed:
- Proof of General Visitor vaccination status will be requested and confirmed by photo identification.
- Designated Family Caregivers are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
- General visitors must provide proof of vaccination – both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine must have been received and at least 14 days must have passed since the second dose.
- Documentation may vary, however may include one of the following:
- Confirmation via QR code (Manitoba immunization card)
- Paper version of Manitoba immunization card
- Online confirmation of vaccine record through Shared Health Online Results Portal
- Printout of vaccine record available through the Sharen Health Online Results Portal
Designated Family Caregivers
- As essential partners in care, these individuals actively and regularly participate in providing care and may support mobility, personal hygiene, cognitive stimulation, communication, meaningful connection, relational continuity and assistance in decision making.
- There is no change to the requirements or access of designated family caregivers.
Resident Suite Visits by Vaccinated General Visitors
- In-suite visits can occur between fully vaccinated residents and fully vaccinated general visitors provided the physical space will allow for physical distancing to be maintained between the visitor and the resident.
- If a suite is double occupied both residents must be fully vaccinated.
- Up to two visitors will be permitted at a time for in-suite visits. These visitors must be from the same household to visit at the same time.
- If visitors are from the same household, they are not required to maintain physical distancing from one another but must maintain distancing from the resident(s).
- Masks must be worn at all times (over the nose, mouth and chin) and hand hygiene performed regularly.