Considering joining the Rotary Villas team? Here is what is available. Click the job post title to learn more.
If you have questions about Career Opportunities, please contact our administrative staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 204-725-1340.
Careers – Current Openings
Posted: April 13, 2023
Hours: Shifts are scheduled between the hours of 6:00 am – 7:30 pm. This position works both the day shift (6:00am – 2:30pm) & evening shift (11:00am – 7:30pm).
Reports To: Culinary Services Coordinator
The Cook will work within the culinary services team to prepare and serve attractive and nutritious meals and snacks according to organizational standards. The cook is also expected to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe kitchen area at all times. Cooks must be mindful of budgetary guidelines in order to support the department efforts to adhere to food and labour budgets.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist with meal preparation and presentation according to organizational standards
- Ensure safety and sanitation when handling, preparing and storing food
- Clean & Sanitize all kitchen equipment and utensils, including floors, walls and food storage areas
- Promote health and safety in the kitchen and workplace
- Assist serving staff to clean and sanitize tableware between meals
Essential Competencies & Qualifications
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification required, or must be willing to obtain upon hire
- Previous cooking experience is an asset in hospitality, health care or a restaurant setting
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritize
- Good judgment and ability to exercise discretion
- Motivated, creative and willing to take calculated risks
- Ability to self-initiate and also work well as a team member
- Compassionate, courteous and respectful
- Effective oral and written communication skills to respectfully and compassionately work with older adults and their families
- Excellent observational skills and ability to determine urgency or reportable incidents
- Strong aptitude towards the good health and safety of all residents, staff and visitors
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to work early morning, afternoon and evening
- Maintain a professional, but functional, appearance in dress and grooming, as well as high standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Fully immunized against COVID-19.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 32-40 per week
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person