Frequently Asked Questions about Senior Living
Q: What are the different types of Senior Living?
A: The term “senior living” encompasses a range of living options for seniors. They are most often categorized as Independent, Assisted, Supportive or Personal Care.
- Independent Living is a style of living for active, self-sufficient seniors who look after their own needs and wants, but who want to live in a community of people their age with similar interests. Residents in these communities are typically still responsible for their own cooking and cleaning but with building maintenance taken care of.
- Assisted Living is a Seniors Living Community which offers various services such as housekeeping, meals, recreation and more. Services vary from place to place, so taking a tour of the different complexes allows each person to see what differentiates one residence from the next. They are for active people who want to enjoy their independence while living in a vibrant community of people they can relate to and connect with.
- Supportive Housing is an option for people who can no longer manage in their own home but are not ready to move into a Personal Care Home. In Supportive Housing there is some help for activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, getting dressed and remembering to take medications properly.
- Personal Care Homes provide 24 hour nursing and personal care for individuals who can no longer manage independently at home with family support or with other community services such as Home Care. Facilities will be staffed with 24-hour skilled medical professionals to provide rehabilitation assistance, pain management and hospice care.
Q: When is the right time to make a move to an Assisted Living Community?
A: We find that most people look to move into an Assisted Living community when they or their partner have retired, and they are planning for their future to ensure they make to most of this time. Assisted Living is the perfect environment to do this. With suites that are specifically designed for seniors living in a community of like-minded people with similar interests and hobbies, this often provides people with a new outlook on life.
Q: What are the benefits to living in an Assisted Living Community?
A: Just to name a few…
- Freedom from maintaining a home and preparing meals.
- Enjoying privacy while knowing someone is aware of your wellbeing.
- Belonging to a community of peers and participating in that community.
- Living in a safe and secure environment that can accommodate varying levels of physical mobility and changing care needs.
- For more benefits check out our blog articles.
Q: What is the age range of residents living at Rotary Villas?
A: Rotary Villas invites anyone over the age of 55 that can benefit from our services to consider making Assisted Living an option. We encourage our residents to stay active and enjoy their retirement.
Q: How much does it cost to live at Rotary Villas?
A: Our month to month rent program was designed to be an all-inclusive style of living. Rental rates will vary based on which suite layout you choose. However, many residents find that a lifestyle of chef-prepared meals, engaging activities and freedom from the worries that come with living at home is notably cost-effective. Try out our Cost of Living Calculator.
- Studio & one bedroom suites start at $3100 per month
- Two bedroom suites start at $4000 per month
- Second resident fee $600 per month
*Please note, prices are subject to change. Contact our Leasing Coordinator (204-725-1340) for information.
Q: What costs are extra?
A: For an additional charge, residents may choose to add on services such as parking, personal laundry, dry cleaning pick-up, catering services and the use of the guest suites.
The other businesses located in our building for the convenience of our residents operate independently from Rotary Villas and have their own pricing. The other businesses are Camelot Personal Care, Meredith Medical Clinic, Flatland Drugs and Ginger Snips Salon.
Q: Is there a waiting list?
A: Check out our Suite Floor Plans page for up-to-date suite availability. If the style of suite you like is not available, please contact us (204-725-1340) to join our wait list for no additional charge (current residents get priority on the wait list for layout selection).
Q: Is Rotary Villas pet friendly?
A: Yes we are pet friendly! We have carefully selected and designated eleven pet friendly suites in the building. All pet friendly suites are on the main floor, conveniently located beside two exits. We ask that residents bring no more than two pets. All pets are subject to approval by management.