Dear Residents & Families
SUBJECT: Long Term Care On-site Indoor & Outdoor Visitation during COVID-19
Across Canada, the risk that COVID-19 poses to the residents of long term care is clear. Efforts to prevent, quickly identify and contain “outbreaks” of COVID-19 continue to be vital to protecting populations that are most vulnerable to serious outcomes from this virus. We know that family and friends are integral to the overall health, well-being and quality of life of residents within long term care. Balancing necessary preventative measures with maintaining the vital connections that residents have with family members and support systems has been at the heart of every stage of our response. However, while preventing the spread of this virus within Rotary Villas remains a central priority, the likelihood that COVID-19 will be a part of our “new normal” for a longer duration requires us to find a longer-term balance between preventative measures and the many benefits of ongoing interaction between residents and their loved ones.
Accordingly, this is to advise that while levels of COVID-19 remain very low, effective Thursday July 2, 2020, we will be supporting limited on-site, indoor visits at Rotary Villas at Crocus Gardens with the following considerations:
- One (1) designated visitor may be identified to visit indoors;
- Visits are by appointment, in the Private Dining Room and with no visitation with other residents;
- Visitors will be screened before entry, including assessment for symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 prior to entry. No visitor shall be permitted if they have any cold/flu or other COVID-19 symptoms;
- Restrictions apply to visitors who have travelled outside of Manitoba within the past 14 days (excluding travel to Western Canada, the Territories, and Ontario west of Terrace Bay);
- Designated visitor will be required to sign in and out of each visit and to bring and wear a non-medical mask for the duration of the visit;
- Designated visitor will be escorted to the designated visit location (Private Dining Room) and are asked to perform hand hygiene and to minimize contact with surfaces (e.g. doors, handrails, tables, etc.)
- All visitors must comply with Infection Prevention and Control measures. This includes strict hand hygiene and maintaining physical distancing (6 feet/2 meters apart) at all times. Visits may be suspended if the designated visitor does not comply with these measures.
Indoor visits: Visitation appointments are limited due to operational resources, available space and working around mealtimes. The visitation appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes. Please call reception to book your appointment. Appointments are available 9:30am, 10:30am, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 7:30pm & 8:30pm Monday through Sunday.
Outdoor visits: Outdoor visitation appointments continue to be available and are preferred over indoor visits so that we can continue to keep the risk to our community minimized. Outdoor visitation hours will be expanded to hourly on the hour from 9:00am – 8:00pm Monday through Sunday.
Protecting the health and well-being of your loved ones and staff remains our top priority. Regular assessment by public health officials of the impact and evaluation of the need for adjusted visitor restrictions will continue as developments evolve. In collaboration with Public Health, we will determine the need to suspend all visits in the case of a confirmed/potential COVID-19 outbreak at Rotary Villas or local area(s) or upon the direction of the Chief Provincial Public Health Officer. Once again, thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we take every measure to protect you, your loved ones and our staff.
Jody Kehler, Executive Director