UPDATE – July 22, 2020
Residents, Families and Friends of Rotary Villas The Manitoba government has announced the draft plan for Restoring Safe Services – Phase 4. If Phase 4 is approved as drafted, starting on Monday July 27th each resident can identify two support people who will be able to visit in the resident’s suite for an unlimited visitation time. (Support people are defined as only those close family and/or friends who have a clearly established pattern of involvement in providing active care and support to the resident’s emotional wellbeing, health, and quality of life).
INDOOR VISITATION Visitation hours will be 10am – 8pm for designated indoor visitors. Screening of all indoor visitors must occur prior to entry. Indoor visitation will be permitted provided that the visitor(s) meet the following requirements:
- Visitor(s) pass the COVID-19 screening process
- Visitor(s) wear a mask AT ALL TIMES while in the facility (and therefore do not bring in food/drink for self consumption)
- Visitor(s) travel straight to the resident suite without loitering in any common areas or other resident suites and avoids touching surfaces in the facility en route to the resident’s suite.
- Physical distancing (6 feet/2 meters) is maintained during indoor visit in the resident’s suite
OUTDOOR VISITATION Outdoor visits are preferred and encouraged for general visitors to help keep the number of individuals entering the facility to a minimum. A friendly reminder that at the outdoor visits visitor(s) must wear a mask at all times and maintain physical distancing (6 feet/2 meters). Consumption of food/drinks and visiting pets are prohibited at visits. Changes to outdoor visits:
- Outdoor visits will be allowed for up to 4 people at a time.
- Visit will be scheduled for 45 minutes on the hour from 10am – 8pm. Please book visitation time with reception.
Off property visits are not recommended given the risk to residents and to the facility associated with unknown nature of contacts, exposure and other required safety measures. We will however support low-risk activities for residents and families during screened visitations such as a walk around the property (with physical distancing maintained and masks worn). As we continue to be a high-risk community the following protocols will remain in place:
- Screening of all staff, visitors and residents that enter the building.
- Visitation remains restricted (as detailed above).
- It is recommended that residents leave the grounds for essential reasons only.
- If a resident leaves for non-essential (social) reasons then it is recommended that for a 14 day period:
- Receive daily screening with our COVID-19 screener
- Wear a mask at all times when exiting your suite
- Abstain from participation in group activities including dining room service
- Receive room service for all meals
- Physical distancing of 2 meters/6 feet must been maintained between each person.
It is clear that there is no risk-free options with COVID-19. The virus is still in Manitoba, and residents remain uniquely vulnerable. A balanced approach to visitation is required which mitigates the risk of COVID-19 transmission while allowing residents, families and friends interaction so that the risk of isolation brought on by strict universally applied visitor restrictions are addressed. We will continue to be vigilant in order to keep our community safe. The safety of the residents and staff are our utmost priority. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Jody Kehler, Executive Director